For Ideas Reshaping Healthcare
Terkko Health X is an ambitious accelerator for health and life science teams with potential to reshape the industry. You’ve got an concept – Terkko Health X provides you with the right skills and services to take that concept into the market. With solutions ranging from primary healthcare to diagnostics, the program is open for all early-stage teams of 2–5 mavericks, from established young businesses to not-yet entrepreneurs and scientists willing to develop startups. Application period for the year 2019 ended 8th of April.
We will help you to:
- Do more faster, you’ll learn a new pace of execution
- Show clear proof of concept and the path to profitability
- Develop a clinical validation plan and start rolling it out
- Actively engage with corporate partners for pilot projects, market access and investment
Why join Terkko Health X?
- A zero cost 2-month accelerator in 4–5/2019 with weekly workshops
- Followed by an incubation phase until SLUSH 11/2019
- Mentoring from hand-picked content matter experts, who’ll provide hands-on support and valuable introductions
- Expert-led workshops covering all scaling fundamentals from business model canvas to business development
- PR and marketing support
- Wide network of partners, industry experts and business contacts
- And most importantly, the opportunity to take your idea into action
Top teams will also get:
1st prize: 4 Slush startup tickets, a grant of 2500€ from Helsinki Think Company Fund and hot desks for the team at Terkko Health Hub coworking spaces.
2nd prize: 2 Slush startup tickets and hot desks for the team at Terkko Health Hub coworking spaces.
3rd prize: hot desks for the team at Terkko Health Hub coworking spaces.
Made in Collaboration
Terkko Health X is organized in collaboration with Helsinki Think Company, the entrepreneurship society of the University of Helsinki. The accomplished accelerator program organizer aims to tackle big, real life challenges by building a vibrant community of changemakers from multidisciplinary backgrounds.
Program is enabled by:
Want to know more about Terkko Health Accelerator. Check the blogs about the accelerator here and learn more about the workshops, mentors and why to take part in the accelerator. Read more and apply by 8th of April.
Terkko Health X culminates in the showcase event on June 7th. The showcase will be all about the teams taking the stage and giving their final pitches to the audience and the jury. The winner of Terkko Health X will be announced after inspirational speeches from our guest speakers.The rest of the night will be filled with groovy tunes, new encounters and compelling discussions – not to mention snacks and refreshments.
Join the people from all spheres of healthcare, life sciences and business for the perfect way to wrap up the accelerator and end Helsinki Startup Week at Terkko Health X Showcase!
To find out more on Facebook click here.
To get your free ticket via Eventbrite click here.
Rules & Application
- Application period for Terkko Health X is 11 March to 8 April 2019, and teams selected for the program will be notified on 11 April.
- Accelerator starts on 13 April and finishes on 10 June.
- After the accelerator program teams enter an incubation phase which spans over the summer. During the incubation the organizer provides the teams with support when needed.
- As a participant, your team commits to attending the workshops on the dates stated on this site. Participation also requires independent work outside of the workshops during the program.
- The teams are selected based on
1) potential of the concept
2) the team‘s competence to realize their concept and
3) the ability to commit to attending the workshops.
- The program language is English.
- The program is free for all participants. Participants will not receive any fees from the organizer.
- The ideas born and developed throughout the program are entirely owned by the teams themselves.
- Terkko Health Hub and Helsinki Think Company reserve the right to showcase the Terkko Health X teams and projects in events and marketing. Photographs and video material can be shot during the program, and Terkko and Think Company reserve the right to publish this material.
- Expert jury nominated by the organizer chooses the winners of the semifinal and final.
- The winning team receives 4 startup tickets to Slush and the 2nd best team receives 2 startup tickets. The teams themselves take care of applying for the startup tickets, and Terkko Health Hub pays for the tickets given that Slush accepts the teams’ ticket applications.